Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I'm Here at Tzuba!

We arrived in Israel on Monday the 27th after a long two days of travel. It was fun seeing old friends and meeting new ones at the airport. After the flight, we drove to Kibbutz Tzuba where we are staying. The view from everywhere you look is amazing, and it has finally hit me that I am in Israel and will be staying here for the next four months. We then got our roommates and began to unpack. There are four people in each (very small) room. My roommates are very nice and are from California, New York, and Ohio. I am looking forward to getting even closer with them. Even though the living situation is very  small, the view from our balcony certainly makes up for it, as you can see in the picture. Yesterday, we had an orientation all day. We learned about the rules, our classes, etc. I got to meet my Jewish History teacher, David Alon, and my class. Jewish History and Hebrew are each 2 hours and 45 min. Today was our first real day of school! So far, my teachers and classes are great! It is very different from ETHS in so many ways: walking from class to class is outside, my math class has six people, we call the teachers by their first names, and so much more. Don't get my wrong, I love ETHS, this is just different :). I have three free periods in the middle of the day (right now) which is very nice. So all in all, everything is going great! Thanks for reading! 

,להתראות
Sadie 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Sadie! Love hearing about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, Sadie, thanks for sharing. We'll try to follow your experience while planted in front of a computer in Evanston. Also, it snowed, a lot, again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the updates, Sadie! Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete